Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Statement of Intent: Christopher Dryden


This is a statement of intent.

Perhaps it is perceived as a foolhardy statement. Perhaps it is perceived as a statement of arrogance or pride. Perhaps it is perceived with scepticism and suspicion. Perhaps it is dismissed as the mere ramblings of a wannabe. Perhaps, nevertheless it’s time to draw a line in the stand and make a statement of intent.

It is trying times at the moment on a number of fronts, but it is precisely those circumstances that should not hinder the making of such a statement. I recognise that now is the time to truly stand on the word of God and recognise that these trying circumstances are deliberately set up so that under pressure I can produce the fruit of the Spirit in a manner of humility. I can do so with eyes firmly fixed on Jesus and a heart passionate for others to embrace Him and see what life in the Spirit is all about. I can bring together all the strands of thought and activity that have culminated in this moment in time and really begin to flourish in ways previous unheard of much to the surprise and challenge of those who think they know me as well as myself.

It calls for hard work, but also implicit growing trust in the grace of God. It calls for effort, but also waiting to see what God has in store for me to witness and rejoice in. It is a time for faithful diligence, but also an assurance in knowing the Christ of my salvation and the people He will continue to allow me to engage with in a way that sees Christ formed in them and further developed in me.

This statement of intent is grounded in hard outcomes but is sourced and founded on the revelation of Jesus Christ by His Spirit and choosing to come alongside what He is saying life is all about and enjoying it to the max whilst seeing others explore similarly. Over the coming weeks and months I trust that I’ll be able to record the progress made on these lines.

My prayer is that God will be glorified in all of this and that all credit, praise and honour for all the successes in faithful obedience will be heaven-sent with love from a grateful sinner saved by grace and walking as His workmanship created for good works in Him.

For His Name's Sake
Shalom
dmcd

No comments: