Friday, November 24, 2006

Daily Thoughts - Parental Respect


I don't usually post my daily thoughts on this blog because I tend to think that's cheating this blog from more original thought. However, as I read the thought that I wrote for today and because it's got to do with two of the most important people in my life, I'd thought I'd make an exception to my usual rule.

Honour your father and your mother, as the LORD your God commanded you, that your days may be long, and that it may go well with you in the land that the LORD your God is giving you. (Deuteronomy 5:16)
The family is the cornerstone of society – values, experiences, and worldviews are largely formed by them especially our parents. There are those that have abused this responsibility, but it doesn’t deny how important it is to honour parents, it highlights what it takes to be good ones. Valuing parents is even more important when we have children as how we value our parents helps our children know how to value us as well as others. And how we value our parents will also inform the next generation on how to value the heavenly Father. Thank God for parents.
4 His Name's Sake
Shalom
da man cd

No comments: