Monday, December 29, 2008

jon Gibson On Calvary

I'm not sure if I've posted this already and to be frank I don't care if I have. As I reach the end of the year this song remains one of the most important ones I've ever heard. It says so much about what Jesus means to me, what He's done for me and the reason why I want to live my life in gratitude for all of that. JG puts it together in this track so simply and movingly in the melody that whenever I get too self-absorbed it pierces through with the Christ-centredness that I so desperately need to put things in their proper perspective. It is a candidate for track of the year - more importantly it is also a candidate for track of my life so far. I'm grateful to God to allow me to live to hear it and be so blessed by it. I trust that you likewise will be challenged to rejoice in the God of our salvation. Enjoy.

For His Name's Sake
Shalom
dmcd

No comments: