Thursday, July 06, 2006

Thank God For ... YouTube


Sometimes I don't know why I bother watching TV when there's enough to keep me interested online. And I'm kicking off a new sporadic, occasional series called Thank God For ... where in a move that will shock and stun you I send gratitude to the Almighty for something, and what better way to start the series than by sending thanks to this really great site youtube.com.

Dude, I'd been referred to it before from the Stevie Wonder listserve that I'm on, and my brother recommended it to me a couple of weeks ago, but it was only recently after a friend sent a link to Stevie Wonder on Sesame Street that I really fell hook, line and sinker for this video site. First up seeing Stevie on Sesame Street with his 'voice bag' doing his own version of a Sesame Street song had me blissed out. Then seeing links to other stuff he did on the show and other stuff he's done that I'd never otherwise be able to access without the forsaking of finances had me really jumping for joy, and there's a whole heap of stuff to get through.

Now sure, like MySpace there are some kooks and weird people to be aware of and parental consent will be necessary before letting minors loose on the site. But that's the beauty of the Internet in the sense that you can control to a large extent the content you want to watch, and for me of course it has to be the good stuff!!

So for taking me down memory lane with Stevie Wonder, Chaka Khan, Fred Hammond, Yolanda Adams and the Winans Family ... so far, I say thank God for Youtube.com

4 His Name's Sake
Shalom
da man cd

No comments: