Thursday, December 14, 2006

Happy 1st Anniversary!!!


I still remember reading Charlie’s blog this time last year and using that as a spur to start my own one. I recall at the time I really wanted to make the most of the writing gig that I enjoy and the concept of a blog appealed to me. Since making that decision and putting up my first entry last year, like my life, this blog has had its ups and downs, ebbs and flows, mountains and valleys, highs and lows. Through it all I really enjoy the experience. I’ve seen others who are more diligent in putting in regular daily entries like Tim Challies one, which I think is brilliant. I’ve also seen those who just have a better writing style to mine like Charlie’s one. Despite that I’m not embarrassed or ashamed of this blog as a whole. I joke with some of the people I work with here that it’s a boring blue blog, but looking back on some of the entries it’s clear that it’s not all that boring.

I may not have been too personally revelatory, but that’s not a bad thing in this case.
I’ve enjoyed the opportunity to put on here stuff that ranges from football and Stevie Wonder to Sabbath and Daily Thoughts. I enjoyed it and I still enjoy it. I hope to be able to raise the bar in the quality of output that’s released on this blog and I want to get more creative in conveying the issues and ideas in my head. Who’s to say that soon I’ll be posting up video-blogs as well as text, though that maybe a way down the line it’s something to look forward to. One thing is for sure, having this blog has really brought alive my passion for writing and I am grateful for that. Indeed lately, along with some other developments, my whole literary approach to life has been stimulated so that I’m reading voraciously more that I’ve done before and enjoying actually engaging with the Bible as something that’s to be read properly and then to seek understanding on it.

So a year on and I’d like to think a year wiser and definitely more knowledgeable about what can be done through this medium. Should the Lord spare my life and abilities I’d love to develop this further for His Name’s Sake. Hopefully I should be rustling up a year in review for the end of 2006 and actually get the Friend of the Year award set and done way before March 2007 – as opposed to when I eventually got it done this year. I’m still busy and there are still issues to be resolved, but I’m in a better position of life now than I’ve been for a long time and for that I give God much thanks. Here’s to more good blogging!

4 His Name’s Sake
Shalom
da man cd

No comments: