Wednesday, December 21, 2005


Good Friends

You will keep your friends if you forgive them, but you will lose your friends if you keep talking about what they did wrong. (Proverbs_17:9 CEV)

One of the great things about the Bible is that sometimes it just speaks for itself. This is one of those times.


I Didn’t Get Where I Am Today By Not Using TV Quotes For Section Headings

As you may have noted in my profile, I’m a fan of the TV sitcom The Rise and Fall of Reggie Perrin. This is a recent interest as I came across it a few weeks ago. I recall watching it years ago, but I never really got to appreciate it as much until recently. First of all it’s a well written comedy, secondly it’s a well acted comedy and finally it’s a well funny comedy, which I think is important for a comedy. I would strongly recommend acquiring the DVD’s to watch this comedy classic and you can also get a good start on more information to do with the series here. Not to give that much away but it is amazing to see man’s lack of satisfaction so well portrayed with particular props to the star Leonard Rossiter.

The Corporation

Recently watched segments from this movie documentary. It’s just the thing people need to watch to get insight into how this old world really works. Get more info here. The thing for me, though, is that it seems to think that ‘the people’ once made aware will make a change. The thing though is that the success of mega corporations is the nature of man to be greedy. It’s not a recent thing, it’s been about since Adam. We cannot make it without a new Spirit.

Still, check it out for yourself – it will make you think again before you go shopping.

Wrestling - I Picked A Bad Time ...

Another thing you may have noticed on me profile is my interest in pro-wrestling. At this point I’d like to highlight for the jury my distinct lack of timing. I’m rather like the air control chief in the Airplane film. You remember that some calamity would take place and he’d say he picked a bad time to quit whatever? Well I picked a bad time to start supporting Liverpool and Milan. They were both at the peak of their powers and had won what there was to win, then when I get into them they go slumping. Liverpool, especially have not won a league championship in the majority of time I’ve been supporting them. It was great to witness them win the Champions League last season, but hey that’s still over 15 years since we won the top league.

I picked a bad time to get into Dr. Who. I read some of the novelisations and was really excited about watching the programme only to find that the show had been cancelled in 1987 and I’d have to wait until this year to actually get to watch a regular series again. That’s 18 years people, that’s what I call bad timing.

So when it came to wrestling, no surprise that my knack of being at the right place at the wrong time struck in again. I’d seen it before in about 1994 or 1995, but never took it on. I really began to get into it for real around 2000. Only to find once more that I’d missed the boom. I loved the Stone Cold Steve Austin character, and missed out on his best years. I was getting into the Rock just as he was getting out of the business full time. What I love is the combination of storytelling and some level of athleticism. Sadly I was getting into it just as the standard of both was taking a trip south big time. This year for example has been quite something. And by quite something I mean quite nothing. I watched a year end best of show the other night and witnessing what they had to show for themselves just showed to me just how bad the year had been. I was mildly interested at the storyline for the World Heavyweight Championship early in the year and the ECW thing was alright, but the last half of the year in particular has just been poor.

Don’t get me wrong, though, I’ll still remain interested in the product, but at the end of the day I’m not that heavily into it. What I’m more into is the internet analysis of it. Some sites worth checking include PW Torch, Wrestling Observer, Online Onslaught and World Wrestling Insanity. They make a bad thing interesting by their insight, even if it can get a bit too pedantic and eerie at times. Still if you’re loving something it would be advised NOT to get me interested in it or you can almost certainly guarantee a dip in interest.

Yeah But What About You?

I tend to go on a bit about this and that, how’s about a bit of an update? Oki-doke, well I’m doing fine as it happens. I hope to have a special guest at some point next week to contribute to this blog, but I’ll leave that person’s identity for the fullness of time. Physically I’m doing fine. I have an ideal weight that I’m slowly making my way towards reaching, so that pleases me. My house is near the top of a steep hill so whenever I go out to walk anywhere I know say I’m going to develop my stamina and lose some of that weight. I’m not eating that many fatty foods and am falling back in love with fruit again, so that’s all good. Spiritually I’m experiencing something of a renaissance so my creative juices are flowing more freely, for which I’m grateful.

Emotionally I’m pretty stable more looking to do what I can in the present to make the most of any opportunity. The wife and I are getting on very well indeed, which is crucial for the concept of a good marriage. Kevaughn is looking to enjoy his holidays to the best of his ability. As I may have mentioned previously, Deborah (pictured) will celebrate her first birthday next Thursday 29th December (remember cash only, don’t bother with cards and that kind of stuff – any cheques make payable to Christopher Dryden!) Yesterday the wife and I witnessed her take her first independent, unassisted step, so that’s mighty encouraging. She has all the makings of a great woman, which should be no surprise when you consider her parents! So I’m alright, thanks for asking.

Right-o peeps, that should do it for this entry, I may come up with another one later on today, but then again I may not.

later
da man cd

No comments: