Friday, June 02, 2006


Abigail Asleep

The story surrounding the naming of our second child is rather intriguing. First of all in a moment that still amuses me to this day, my dad prophesied that the wife would be pregnant when he saw her on a flying visit in the country last September. I had no idea at the time, but he knew that the wife was pregnant and sure enough a short while after he left it was confirmed!

After that my brother got in on the action and we were sharing potential names for babies and whilst sharing the wife and I came across the name Abigail. At first I thought it was alright, but the more we thought about it, the more we loved the name. The wife had a good friend by the same name, a work colleague had also said that Abigail would be a good name for the child (hey there Charlie O'Dell - counsellor extraordinaire!) So from early on we decided that her name would be Abigail.

Subsequently a dear friend of ours fell asleep soon before the birth and her name was Abigail, which made the decision all the more poignant. Our prayer is that our daughter will have a similar impact of a joyful, friendly character as our dear friend.

As this baby Abigail slept on that Monday morning I was overjoyed to be blessed by another beautiful gift from God and like her name means, I pray that she will be her father and her Father's delight!

Fear not peeps, even better photos coming up soon!

4 His Name's Sake

Shalom

da man cd

No comments: