Monday, November 16, 2009

Having A Laugh

Part two of Playing Out Of Position will be published tomorrow.


In the meantime I just wanted to share this from something I read today.


This article made me laugh. A legitimate report on the BBC with the National Secular Society are complaining that staff in faith schools have to support the faith of the school! Whatever next? Doctors may actually be required to have some desire to see the health and welfare of their patients?! Lawyers may actually be required to have some knowledge of the law?!


Good grief, this epidemic could actually spread and people might actually be required to care and have some affiliation to the occupation in which they work. That’s just scandalous. I sincerely hope the government, who I hope aren’t all politicians, takes this matter seriously and challenges this business of people in faith schools actually needing to support the faith of the school. It’s just preposterous.


Oh and heaven forfend that we should discriminate, oh dear me, no. Discriminate, that’s just wrong, even if we do it every day on very good grounds like I want a taxi driver who can actually drive, I won’t accept one who can’t. I think the National Secular Society should invest some time into that as well, so as to make this world a safer place to live in where no one has to believe in anything and can do anything they like.


Thank God for the National Secular Society.


For His Name's Sake

Shalom

dmcd

No comments: