Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Whilst We're On The Musical Topic

Whilst we’re on the subject of being all musical and stuff it’s worth noting I’ve finished the Eric Clapton autobiography. You know there are some autobiographies and biographies of whom the subject is rather vacuous. They really have nothing to offer except for mind-less content of how they did this and then they did that – what’s the good in that unless of course you’re up for that sort of rubbish for over 300 pages. I’m not personally. I tolerate it for the duration of some books, but it is a mostly unappealing exercise.


Thankfully Clapton’s autobiography doesn’t bore me with that kind of thing. Rather his helter-skelter joy-ride of life makes for fascinating reading. He is not in it to be a literary genius and so lets his story tell the story. Trust me it’s a fascinating story of a man who’s lived redemption having gone through the tough side to get there. It’s worth a read.


Just thought I’d let you in on that.


For His Name's Sake

Shalom

dmcd

No comments: