Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Audience One, KICC And More Updates

I am blessed. I’m in a job that requires of me to understand the gospel of Jesus and effectively communicate it to people who may have rejected church or who don’t have a clue about it. Part of that is research – which of course I love; and the other part is relating to people and their situations and developing relationship – whish is cool as well.

Part of today’s research brought me across this really good site called Audience One which is headed by among other people Steve Camp, passionate for a reformation in the Contemporary Christian Music (CCM) scene. I’m not going to give info on the site, I’ll let it speak for itself. Anyway, on the site today was this really interesting article on a sermon by C.H. Spurgeon on being enmity with God – some really deep stuff in terms of the general human condition. So it’s well worth checking.

Now I’m on a really tight deadline with regards to the other promised stuff that I said I’d post. For example with the Premiership season starting in just three days time, it makes sense that I get this Late, Late, Late World Cup review done and out of the way before then. So there you go – I’ll get it done before midday on Saturday when Liverpool go to Bramall Lane for the start of the season.

Of course speaking of Liverpool, I was satisfied with the collection of the first piece of silverware for the season. I’m confident that Liverpool can … well, I’ll leave that for the CD Premiership Preview entry that I’ll be slapping on here within the next fortnight should the LORD spare me life.

Speaking of sparing as well, next week, God willing, the Dryden Family are invading London for the International Gathering of Champions at the Kingsway International Christian Centre (KICC) where the founder and pastor is Matthew Ashimolowo – a name that’s not that difficult to pronounce when you take the time.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not as though all the speakers talk my kinda Christianity, but I go looking forward to an encounter with God and developing more in my relationship with Him. It will also be a good opportunity to link with one or two of my hombres from that part of the world. Therefore there are unlikely to be more entries on this blog for at least a whole week before I return. Don’t cry now, I know you’ll get over it.

In the meantime, look out for that Late, Late, Late World Cup review and remember that we’re made in the image of God and so are precious in His sight.

4 His Name’s Sake
Shalom
da man cd

No comments: