Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Morning Thoughts: Dubious Honours

Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed. (Proverbs 15:22 NIV)

When I was at school I had a great idea. We would run our own student newspaper! It was such a great idea and I was so excited about it and eager to see it work that I took it upon myself – without bothering to get anyone else’s opinion on it – to give it a go. I announced to people that we’ll meet together and I’ll share with everyone what my idea was and then we’ll go ahead and run the newspaper! The meeting took place and fair number of people turned up. However after a few weeks as the excitement died down … nothing happened. And so I have the dubious honour of being the editor of a student newspaper that has yet to publish an issue! The sobering lesson learnt from the experience is the importance of taking advice – whatever the idea, situation, problem or challenge maybe it pays to get good advice before making decisions. Unless of course you’re up for getting dubious honours!
4 His Name's Sake
Shalom
da man cd

No comments: