But I know that the king of Egypt will not let you go unless compelled by a mighty hand.
So I will stretch out my hand and strike Egypt with all the wonders that I will do in it; after that he will let you go. (Exodus 3:19, 20)
10 ways to crumble a superpower.
1. Pollute the water system with blood for a week
2. Usher in a significant infestation of frogs ruining any chance of good life for citizens
3. Usher in a significant infestation of gnats increasing the bad life for citizens
4. Usher in a significant infestation of flies really ruining life for the citizens
5. Stick in a killer plague that wipes out your livestock – a key source of your economy
6. Put a dangerous skin disease that affects animal and mankind to further destabilise the power
7. Bring down the hailstorm from hell that wipes out man, beast and most of the plant-life
8. Usher in a significant infestation of locusts to wipe out the rest of plant-life and completely cripple the Egyptian economy
9. Forget an electricity shortage – turn off the light BIG TIME with darkness being the order of the day for three days – literally no one can see anything
The coupe de grace is letting all the firstborn sons of Egypt die and thus do a better job than they’d tried 80 years earlier when Moses was born.
For the price of one you get ten awesome deeds of the Almighty – they were deliberately done to prove to Pharaoh, Egypt and the rest of the world that when God is for you it is recommended that you do not oppose Him.
4 His Name’s Sake