Friday, September 08, 2006

Morning Thoughts - A Prayer On Perspective

I’m reading R.T. Kendall’s In Pursuit Of His Glory an autobiography covering his years at Westminster Chapel. It’s a good read actually, so I’m glad I read it. Whilst reading it I came across this prayer which I thought was so cool I’d share it with you.

O God, I asked for strength that I might achieve; I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey. I asked for help that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity that I might do better things. I asked for riches that I might be happy; I was given poverty that I might be wise. I asked for power that I might have the praise of men; I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God. I asked for all things that I might enjoy life; I was given life that I might enjoy all things. I got nothing that I asked for but everything I hoped for. Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I am among all men most richly blessed.

(A Confederate Soldier.)

4 His Name’s Sake
Shalom
da man cd

No comments: