Friday, March 27, 2009

Jim Reeves Have Thine Own Way Lord

Old school, eh? Back in the day you wouldn't see me anywhere near a song like this sung like this. This kind of song was for the old folks - me mops and pops - Uncle Joe and Aunty Lyn. That kind of old fogey could appreciate the refined taste of yester-year.

Thank God for deliverance, eh? Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Jim Reeves fan or anything, but there is something to respect, admire and enjoy about this kind of reflective music and especially the content of complete submission to God to be doing the bulk work in this life business that is compelling and convincing and not always as clear in some more contemporary efforts.

So this is for you Mum and Dad, thanks for showing me the importance of letting God having His own way in my life and I trust you will know that your seed sown so diligently in years of hard slog is bearing fruit in a young man with a young family endeavouring to let the Lord have His way in our lives. Enjoy.

For His Name's Sake
Shalom
dmcd

No comments: