Sunday, March 29, 2009

Trusting God's Plan for Your Life

I came across Shawn Boonstra and the It Is Written ministry whilst in Jamaica. It is one of the few beautiful things that came from the time over there. I had finally succumbed to watching television after a number of days being above it all and focussing on going through my reading material. With the range of channels on offer through the cable package that was present I came across a plethora of trash. Among that were almost a dozen Christian channels again of varying levels of mediocrity. There were at least two from the Adventist stream, 3ABN and another one that escapes me. On one of them Shawn Boonstra came on and confidently presented an aspect of faith and the gospel in a clear and compelling manner. The whole ministry was fascinating and I was suitably impressed by the quality of material both in presentation and content.

To see that he has a web-presence on YouTube was a delight and I look to his format as a guide and model to shape what kind of stuff I would look to develop in line with a number of ideas that are buzzing around me head at present.

In the meantime check out the stuff for yourself and see how he weaves in history, contemporary issues, global and personal affairs all intertwined with the words of Daniel. Quality stuff – enjoy.

For His Name's Sake
Shalom
dmcd

No comments: