Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Getting To Know Me Part 1

Someone called me a friend in an email I read recently. Yeah, honestly, me – a friend. I was surprised too. So this was one of those emails that ask loads of questions about things to find out about you. At first I was going to reply to the email … then I thought, nah. Then I thought … better still why don’t I blog my answers. So having not had a third thought since then here is the beginning of the answers to those questions. There were quite a few of them, so it didn’t make sense to place them all here, especially as though some of my answers reflect my usual approach to making a story out of a sentence!


1. What time did you get up this morning?


8.35am. My usual waking up time is earlier and ideally I’d even prefer to get up at about around 6 or 7am. I would be up around that time when the children get back to school, but for now, with the transition at work and other factors that is the time I got up today.



2. Watches or Rings?


Watches. Although to be fair I have a ring, but no watch! That’s only because it’s the ring I got when I got married. Not really been fussed for jewellery really. Never saw the need – still don’t to a large extent, whereas a watch has a function!


3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?


G.I. Joe. Disappointing, very disappointing.


4. What is your favourite TV show?


Law & Order: Criminal Intent (the ones with Goren and Eames especially). I’ve written about them elsewhere. Other than that I’m not really a television man – only because I got my quota in when I was a lot younger!


5. What do you usually have for breakfast?


Fresh Air. I’ve not got into the discipline of having a slap-up breakfast until recently with me Mum and all. When she goes I’m not sure if I’ll get into the discipline, but I do see it’s merits, as I’ve written before.


6. What is your nick name?


Don't have one really, only me wife calls me CD from time to time, not that I answer to it all the time, you understand.


7. What food do you dislike?


Egg and cheese in particular. I would have started a society against especially cheese but because of the harassment I would have received, death threats, persecution, rejection and sponsorship by Edam I just thought it was not worth my while. But be in not doubt, I am still a cheese-hater!


8. What is your favourite CD at the moment?


CD? As in that thing from which you can often receive audio entertainment? Man, I don’t use a CD no more? Why when most of my music is on me laptop which is the only source from which I get me music and I can set up playlists that will last a lot longer than what a CD would manage. Sure I have to endure my wife’s impression of good music when I’m in the car, but that’s the Lord teaching patience and endurance and exhibiting gifts of the Spirit. Nah, man, CD is so not me at the moment.


9. What kind of car do you drive?


I have not learned to drive. I have not taken the theory test or practiced for it. I have no intention of doing so either at this time. However, the car I would have driven ideally had I bothered would have been a five-door black Golf GTI. Recently I’ve also been interested in driving a Ford Focus – black as well obviously … and five door as well, obviously.


10. Favourite sandwich?


Sandwiches? Seriously. Man what kind of questionnaire is this? I am not into sandwiches friends, I find them to be pathetic efforts at satiating the craven ravenous hungers of a man like meself, especially those limp pieces of dry bread between which are put in an assortment of equally pathetic condiments. However, I have been convinced of the power of Subway and they have proper filling ‘sandwiches’. As you may have gathered by now I can be an awkward so and so, but when I’m at Subway, despite the extortionate prices, I enjoy indulging in a 12” Veggie Pattie with corn, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and a Thousand Island dressing. Typing that reminds me of how long it’s been since I last had it. That should be some indication of two things – how busy I am and how much money I have – remember those (three figure plus) donations by cheque should be made payable to Mr. Christopher Dryden. All donations will be graciously received.


11. What characteristic do you despise?


There is a good question. Wilful ignorance is one I’m put off by. Bullying superiority complexes are also a particular pain in the neck.


12. Favourite item of clothing?


A recently purchased pair of black jeans. I’m not really fussed about my clothing as the fashion police have pointed out to me on a number of occasions, but I did need a new pair of jeans and having waited so long for it I was overjoyed to be getting my mitts on it. I have been a blue jeans man of late, but I felt it was time for a change and so plumped for the black look. It turned out to be an inspired choice for once and has made the ever growing frame that bit svelter and that cannot be a bad thing can it?


OK more questions and answers in the next entry where among other things you can find out when my birthday is, my most memorable birthday (and when you say it, it can sound like you’re mumbling!), and whether I make friends easily! That and some actual stuff worth knowing about me in a blog to come soon!


For His Name's Sake

Shalom

dmcd

No comments: