Thursday, August 27, 2009

Getting To Know Me Part 2

Have I mentioned someone calling me a friend recently? So without further ado onto more questions


13. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Scotland. I’ve not been that ambitious a travelling man. I would have said USA on previous occasions, but I’m not so keen and up on going there as before, especially seeing as though with the amount of stuff that comes from there, they are as good as here anyway. Not ruling it out though, with family members being there and all. The Scotland thing is because I’ve been to Wales and I’ve always been fascinated with what goes on north of the border. I like the thought of exploring these British Isles more than anywhere at present. Thankfully, however, I’m married to a woman who has a passion for travel so inevitably somewhere down the line I may pop over to those places far afield.


14. Are you an organised person?

You want to read something funny? I’m not all that organised unless it’s on the laptop. There’s something about having folders here that means most of my files are put in a specific location in which I’m able to recover it relatively quickly. I’m into that level of organisation. Other than that, I’m not really fussed about organisation other than in my hand – i.e. it may not look like a mess, but I know where what I need is.


15. Where would you retire to?

The grave. My concept of retirement is death and even that is temporary if you get what I’m saying. As long as my faculties are functioning I’d like to think I’d still write and read and that is the basis of my working life – all I ever do is rooted in my reading and writing. I’ve not really got it into my head to think of a time where I’m ‘retired’. Retired from what? Of course that is not a solo decision so I’m sure the wife might want to settle down elsewhere, but as far as I’m concerned as long as it has space to read and write and I feel relatively comfortable in the environment I’ll flex with her desire. Don’t tell her that, though, it might give her ideas.


16. What was one of your most memorable birthdays?

Never been that big on birthdays at all over my brief sojourn on planet Earth. The one I remember most is the one when I was around 5 or 6. Living in Minerva Way, there was something of a gathering and I believe I got a remote controlled car for my birthday. Another one of those significant sacrifices by my mother. The only reason why it was memorable was because of the gift and the fact that it didn’t take me long to wreck the present. Pity, that, but it is the thought that counts.


17. Do you make friends easily?

Well I can read this question however I wish. My definition of friend is not light or shallow and I find a number of people seemed to prepared to deal only at that level. I can be an awkward case at times, what with thinking all the time and all. So I’d say I don’t make friends easily, but I’d like to think I make friends deeply and I enjoy it when I do make a friend.


18. What’s your favourite pastime activity?

Have I mentioned reading and writing?


19. When is your birthday?

21st November 1977


20. Morning person or a night person?

I’m a funny one where that’s concerned. Some of my most productive hours have been in the early hours of the morning, where others have been into the night. I’m just funny that way.


21. What is your shoe size?

12 – at times I’ve been accused of being like a penguin with me big feet, but I is happy with what I have.


22. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share?

None whatsoever … at this time … to share … with you … yet


23. What did you want to be when you were little?

Bigger. I believe my job dreams were journalist and lawyer. I might have wanted to be a detective as well, but that didn’t last long. The main ones were those first two.


24. How are you today?

I am in fair spirits. It has been a weird day today involving many different emotions and sentiments, but I sit here at 22:00 listening to some good preaching about the miraculous work of God in making a new creation out of that which was dead and I am grateful that He would extend such a grace to me.


25. What is your favourite flower?

This question always sounds better spoken that written cos then I can crop up with the quip of plain or self-raising! In any case I’m not really fussed about flowers. I don’t have a particular favourite and will not be tasked with the challenge of plumbing the depths of my head and flower-kind to discover what I like in that area.


Right enough of that for now – more on the way in a blog entry coming to you soon. Cos the more you get to know me, the less you can say you don’t know me – and that’s a good thing, right? Right?


For His Name's Sake

Shalom

dmcd

No comments: