Saturday, August 29, 2009

Getting To Know Me Part 4

So here it is the final part of the series of questions of getting to know me and I must point out that these are questions that were already being asked of me. I didn’t bother to take the time to make new questions with one or two minor exceptions. The irony is that I’d love to be able to do interviews and the such like and indeed have done them before and would not ask these questions. Maybe I should have done a questionnaire with questions I’d ask others. Maybe not. Not to worry – on with this final part in the series!


38. Coffee or tea?

You know I’ve never been the biggest fan of hot beverages. By the time I went to university I gave them a miss completely. Only later on did I see the merits of herbal tea like peppermint tea and especially lemon and ginger. Even then I don’t really have it that often at all. So technically I’d vote tea but only of the herbal variety. Not been bothered with coffee at all.


39. When was the last time you cried?

I find myself crying quite frequently when in a session of prayer, especially corporate prayer. I believe the last time I cried was on Sunday evening at a prayer meeting when we were praying and I was getting something on the importance of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob especially the God bit of it and its extension to the God of this that and the other. Remind me to tell you that whole story about the ministry of tears.


40. What is under your bed?

The floor.


41. What did you do last night?

I went to a particular location to take part in a particular corporate prayer session about a particular development that the corporate body is undergoing of significant proposals. Then I had the great pleasure of getting lost and taking my time to be redirected back on track. (Now when I see I, you should know that as a non-driver I’m obviously referring to my wife, but in the best interests of covering her errors, I’ll take it on.) Got home, did some blogging which was good and watched the highlights of the League Cup matches before retiring to bed after 1am.


42. What are you afraid of?

Failing God. Funny thing that really because I fail Him every day in sinning, but there’s a great fear that I’ll not fulfil all that He’s called me to fulfil. I’m only just learning to enjoy God by His grace and allow Him to do what He has called me to do. It’s taking time, but I’m getting there by His grace. Other than that I don’t go for the usual fears. That’s not to say I have no other fears, it’s just that I cannot remember them at this time.


43. Salty or sweet?

Sweet for real.


44. How many keys on your key ring?

Two – one for the house front door and another for the back door … probably, never tried it.


45. How many years at your current job?

Three. The longest time of employment in a single job at a single organisation – I am so thankful to God for that. How long I’ll stay is up in the air, though.


46. Favourite day of the week?

Thursday. Sure I’m learning to love Sabbath, but on a techinicality that covers two of the days in our calendar week and until we live by a Jewish calendar with Jewish days I have to take that as it is. Thursday is my favourite day because historically it was the day my Mum went shopping which meant getting goodies – like the sweets. Since then I’ve kind of loved that day and even though my pay comes in on a different day and shopping is not a priority to me I love Thursdays. I love the day especially as a precursor before the mayhem and disillusionment of the weekend and the pressures of the working week.


47. What are you going to do when you finish this?

Finish watching the q&a that I’m watching. Perhaps I’ll go to bed. Maybe. Who can say? Waddaya mean I can? Oh alright, I’ll probably do some more reading.


48. Do you like finding out all this stuff about your friends?

I love it. I find people fascinating and I take a great interest in getting to know them and share life together and so I love finding out all this and even more important stuff about my friends like what makes them tick, what broke their heart, etc. That’s what friends are for as well as the helping, sharing and laughter.


Thanks for the questions and onto more blogging on other issues – but don’t be surprised if some other autobiographical stuff pops out of the woodwork.


For His Name's Sake

Shalom

dmcd

No comments: