Thursday, February 05, 2009

Completing the Task at Hand

I have fought well. I have finished the race, and I have been faithful. So a crown will be given to me for pleasing the Lord. (2 Timothy 4:7, 8a)

I just wanted to do a quick note now in case I don’t have the time to post anything later on. Today’s been an interesting day and this time has also been most intriguing. All the children stayed at home today, the weather had a large part to do with that, but as well as that was the fact that both Abigail and Kevaughn are now suffering from the chicken-pox that affected Deborah over the previous two weeks.

Despite that the time spent at home was not painful at all and in between everything I was at least able to set out some of the assignments I had to complete for various purposes. There’s nothing like a job well done and I get immense satisfaction from starting something I’m very passionate about and completing it. It’s one thing to contribute to something and see that flourish, but there’s something even greater in terms of satisfaction when the initiative is your own and you get to see it through to the end. I look forward to having that sense of accomplishment in Christ when I come to the end of life’s journey to be able to say those words of Paul.

I’ve just come to the closing stages of an article that I’m writing and it’s just so refreshing to get to the end of it knowing that I’ve put in a good effort into its construction. You should remind me to write something about my working process, because it is fascinating, honest. The whole thing about setting up the right atmosphere and the twirling, whirling and then concentrated output for a time before back to twirling and whirling.

In any case, I just wanted to post that at this moment. There is a film review, book review and web-site review that are due your way in the near future. In the meantime remember to keep your eyes focussed on what you’re meant to do and look forward to that feeling of satisfaction on a job well done.

For His Name’s Sake
Shalom
dmcd

No comments: