Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lead Me, Guide Me- Pastor E.Dewey Smith Jr. Sings

As I mentioned in an earlier post I enjoy the sentiments of this song. I've heard it before a few years ago and it left an unforgettable mark on me just because of it appeal for help. I didn't realise how much a part of the hymnody it was for some folks and had never heard the verses before. So coming across this particular post was cool in a number of ways. It was cool to see good ol' fashioned church in the 'Pentecostal' tradition doing things as only they know how. It was cool seeing the verses and getting a hold of just how much the songwriter needed the Lord's guidance in all aspects of his life. It was cool seeing some typical points of that kind of church life from the music, arrangement, Pastor Smith's vocals and encouragements during the song - quality stuff.

And thus I implore you enjoy this here song.

For His Name's Sake
Shalom
dmcd

No comments: