Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lead Me, Guide Me

Apparently some people believe Elvis Presley is still alive. Some people are not convinced that the reports of his demise 32 years ago were legitimate and there have been reported sightings of him all around the world including such exotic locations as Milton Keynes, Tamworth, Stockton-on-Tees and Kettering. OK so I've made that up ... or have I?

He might have had a huge impression on the rock world, but I was never that fussed about the brother myself. I do appreciate his efforts at maintaining a spiritual consciousness of some sort even if it was severely compromised by his ill-advised lifestyle. The gospel tunes he recorded were interesting. This one I love in particular because I love the sentiments of the song in terms of looking to God for guidance and leadership. That resonated big time with me.

So Elvis was good for something even if he has left the building of life.

For His Name's Sake
Shalom
dmcd

No comments: