Monday, February 23, 2009

Shine Jesus Shine - Music Video

In my more cynical moments songs like this would get a pasting for being typical cheesy Christian singing that wasn't gutsy, real and raw gospel music.

Thank God I didn't remain in ignorance. Don't get me wrong, it's still cheesy, but when we consider the lurical content and the ethose of the song looking at Christ shining through everything I can't really complain at that. Such is my accommodating nature to it, that is why I've posted it up here now. It forms a part of a good set of songs that are the back-drop to a serious session of writing that I'm on until about the midnight hour and then I can work on the proper blog entry for the night!!

Shine on ... hold on ... wrong song ... you get what I'm saying, though.

For His Name's Sake
Shalom
dmcd

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I realise that before I became a Christian several people preached the gospel to me...

1. Archbishop Cranmer through the Anglican liturgy I'd occasionally say when I'd go to church...
2. And the other key player was probably Kendrick through the lyrics of this song and his Knowing You, both of which portray Jesus as supremely glorious. It is a cheesy overplayed song but the lyrics go in the right direction.